Indispensable part of charging
Mostly all modern devices (smartphones, tablets etc.) are equipped with USB-connectors. This option is very convenient because this type of connectors is multipurpose, which means different devices can be charged with help of same charger and cable. It saves our time and money.
If device has USB-connector it always has а USB-cable in a standard set. However unfortunately these cables are often non-durable and after six – twelve months one has to buy a new one. But before one has to understand the importance of some technical characteristics which influence durability of usage and quality of a USB-cable.
Factors which influence on charging process
Charging speed of a smartphone depends on 4 factors:
- battery capacity;
- charger power;
- USB charging cable bandwidth;
- restriction set by battery controller in phone.
Logics of charging a phone is similar to the logics of supplying water to a tap. For example, there is a pump that is capable of pumping over
Situation with cable and charging smartphone is mostly the same. Take a 2A charger and a USB cable which bandwidth does not exceed 1A. Accordingly, cable bandwidth will be lower than the power of charger and a smartphone will charge slowly - regardless of power supplied by charger.
How to choose USB-cable for smartphone?
Actually, to determine if cable is qualitative or not is possible even after you just look at it. There are some external indicators which will help you to analyze cable quality.
- The thicker the cable, the better for charging. Producers of cables often skimp copper and make cheap cables, which are low-quality. Saving on conductive material reduces its cross section. It can't transmit large current as charging will slow down. If you choose a thicker wire, then the electrical resistance in it will be lower, which means that the flow of electrons will accelerate.
- The longer the cable, the worse for charging. Resistance is a key factor in rate of charge filling. As the length of the USB cable increases, resistance increases. And that matters, especially for devices with Quick Charge or Fast Charge technology. But here is a thing. Sometimes cheap short cables can charge your device very quickly. But if these cheap cables are long, charging will last forever. The optimal length of cable is 1.5 meters.
To choose the best cable for charging a phone, one should always look for 28/24 AWG cords (although there are 28/21 AWG). Be sure to pay attention to the thickness (in caliber according to AWG standard) and length (in meters or centimeters). Avoid thin and cheap models with excess electrical resistance.
How to use usb cable for cell phone?
Using of cell phone charging cords is so easy compare to the process of choosing. To use the cable you should just:
- insert cable into the phone;
- connect it with charger/computer/TV etc.
The most difficult thing about choosing a USB-cable for a cell phone is to analyze its characteristics, decide on suitable cable for a certain device and buy it for price-quality ratio. If you handle this – you will handle with using of USB-cable as well.